independent

Friday 18 April 2014

McGregor approves of more Star Wars

Ewan McGregor appeared in the Star Wars prequel trilogy

Ewan McGregor has said it's "cool" that three more Star Wars films will be made.

The Scottish actor, who previously played Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, gave his thumbs-up to plans for a new trilogy after creator George Lucas sold his company to Disney in a £2.5 billion deal.

"My first thought was that it was nice, because there were always meant to be nine stories," he told Collider.

Ewan - who next stars in tsunami drama The Impossible - admitted he had spoken to George about the possibility of making more films, but time was a major factor.

"George and I discussed before that he would only make six because he had other things to do and if he made all nine of them, that would be his life's work and he had other things he wanted to try," he said.

"So I thought it's nice that the saga will be completed and that's the way it's always meant to be - nine stories - and now there will be, so that's cool."

Press Association

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News