Lohan loses out on Lovelace film
Published 22/11/2010 | 12:20
Lindsay Lohan's troubles have cost her a film role.
Production on the forthcoming Linda Lovelace biopic, Inferno, had been stalled as the cast and crew wait for the troubled actress, who is currently in rehab, but her recent problems have caused her to lose her leading part as the 1970s American porn star.
"We are withdrawing our offer from Lindsay Lohan - we are currently in negotiations [with another actress] and working out the legalities of bringing her onboard," director Matthew Wilder told E! News.
Matthew sang Lindsay's praises as an actress and as a promoter when she was in Cannes to help sell the film, but claimed insurance issues have made him think differently.
"We have stuck by Lindsay very patiently for a long time with a lot of love and support. Ultimately, the impossibility of insuring her - and some other issues - have made it impossible for us to go forward," he said.
It has been reported that Watchmen actress Malin Akerman will be taking over the role.
"Malin was passionate to take this challenge of the role to task, and we feel she has the talent to meet that challenge," producer Chris Hanley told People.
Lindsay is currently staying at Rancho Mirage, California, and must remain in rehab until at least January 3, according to the terms of her probation.
Her spokesperson told E! News: "Lindsay is dedicated to her recovery and together they decided to move forward without her."