Kermode not taking over Film 2010
Published 26/03/2010 | 18:01
Mark Kermode has ruled himself out of the running to take over BBC One's Film series when Jonathan Ross's contract runs out this summer.
The critic and presenter had been tipped as an early frontrunner to land the post on the long-running review show.
But he told Radio 5 Live listeners: "I'm not doing Film 2010. I've never been doing Film 2010. They've never approached me, they've never asked me about it, nor indeed would they - not that I ever expected them to."
Mark said he did not think his uncompromising views and forthright opinions squared with the show which he said "requires a mainstream sensibility".
"I don't do moderation," joked the presenter, who co-hosts 5 Live's Friday afternoon movie show with Simon Mayo.
"I don't know what plans they have for it, whatever they are I'm sure they will be, you know, wonderful and successful, I promise you I am nothing to do with it. Please bookies stop giving odds on me."