independent

Sunday 20 April 2014

Ford excited about Star Wars return

Harrison Ford is looking forward to a return to the Star Wars franchise

Harrison Ford has revealed that he is "looking forward" to heading back to the Star Wars world.

The 70-year-old is expected to reprise his role of Han Solo in JJ Abrams' upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, alongside Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.

"I think it's almost true. I'm looking forward to it. It's not in the bag yet, but I think it's happening. It's likely," he told Chicago TV network WGN.

The film's creator George Lucas, who sold his company Lucasfilm to Disney in a £2.5 billion deal last year, previously told Business Week that the original cast members from the Star Wars trilogy are on board.

He said: "We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison - or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going on'."

He continued: "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them."

Mark has since said that the trio are in talks, while Carrie confirmed she would play Leia again, although she didn't indicate whether that would be in Episode VII or one of the other standalone Star Wars films that is being planned.

Press Association

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News