Sunday 28 December 2014

Feig for female Ghostbusters 3?

Published 04/08/2014 | 11:45

Paul Feig is now tipped to direct Ghostbusters 3
Paul Feig is now tipped to direct Ghostbusters 3

Paul Feig is reportedly the frontrunner to direct Ghostbusters 3 - which will focus on a female team of spook catchers.

Insiders have told The Hollywood Reporter that the director of Bridesmaids and Heat is Sony's favoured choice to helm the sequel, and that Paul is interested in the project.

Formal negotiations are yet to take place and a lot has to be worked out before talks can be firmed up, but he is said to be the number one choice.

The sources also revealed the reboot will be about female Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters 3 has been in the works for several years, and Sony are now hoping production on the film will begin in early 2015.

Ivan Reitman, the director of 1984's original Ghostbusters and 1989's Ghostbusters II, was previously attached to direct, but he departed the project in March.

The original script was by Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg - writers of NBC's The Office and the 2011 comedy Bad Teacher - and has been amended following the death of original castmember Harold Ramis on February 24, 2014.

The story introduces new Ghostbusters and hands the baton from at least a couple of the originals. Dan Aykroyd has said he will return but Bill Murray has not committed.

Sigourney Weaver told Vanity Fair earlier this year she wanted her character's adult son to become a Ghostbuster in the sequel.

Press Association

Promoted articles

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment