Wednesday 26 November 2014

Fassbender's Creed film going ahead

Published 11/08/2014 | 13:50

Michael Fassbender has been nominated for his role in Frank
Michael Fassbender has been nominated for his role in Frank

Michael Fassbender has confirmed that his Assassin's Creed project is still going ahead.

The 12 Years A Slave actor was first attached to the big screen adaptation of the best-selling computer game series in 2012, but there have been rumours he has left the film.

However, Michael told IGN that it is still moving forwards, explaining: "Nothing has changed. I'm still a part of Assassin's Creed, and we're working on the script as we speak.

"Actually, I'm going to go back and see the writers when I get back to Europe."

Michael will produce and is expected to star as Desmond Miles, a bartender who is sent back in time to retrieve historical artefacts after learning his ancestors were trained assassins.

Earlier this year it was reported that filmmaker director Justin Kurzel was in talks about directing.

X-Men: First Class star Michael said he wants the movie to honour the popular game.

"There's so much cool stuff in the game that we're actually spoiled for choice in terms of what we can use and what we can't, but we also want to bring new elements to it and perhaps our own version of things that already exist in the game," he said.

Press Association

Promoted articles

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment