independent

Friday 18 April 2014

Disney gets rights to Indiana Jones

Harrison Ford has said he would like to play Indiana Jones again

Disney has bought the rights to all future Indiana Jones movies.

The studio can now market and distribute any future film in the franchise about the adventurous archaeologist, played by Harrison Ford in the first four films.

Paramount Pictures will remain the owners of the previous movies, according to reports.

While there are currently no plans to resurrect the franchise - which started with 1981's Raiders Of The Lost Ark and ended with 2008's Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - it paves the way for a fifth movie about Indiana.

And the deal has sparked speculation that another film is likely.

Harrison has previously indicated he would love to play the whip-cracking explorer again.

"In a New York minute, yes," the 71-year-old said on the Graham Norton show.

Harrison - who is also expected to reprise one of his other best known roles as Han Solo in the upcoming Star Trek sequel - added: "I don't think there is any barrier to Indiana Jones being an old fart."

Steven Spielberg directed each of the first four movies, which have made more than a billion dollars worldwide.

Press Association

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News