Entertainment Movies

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Carrey withdraws Kick-Ass 2 support

Published 24/06/2013 | 12:32

  • Share
Jim Carrey says he can no longer back Kick-Ass 2

Jim Carrey has announced he "cannot support" his new movie Kick-Ass 2 because it is too violent.

  • Share
  • Go To

The funnyman filmed his role as vigilante Colonel Stars and Stripes in the sequel last year, but has now said he has changed his mind about the movie in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook school in Newton, Connecticut, in December, in which 20 children and six teachers died.

Hinting that he won't be helping to promote the film when it comes out this summer, Jim tweeted: "I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence."

Jim worked with Chloe Moretz, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse in the follow up to their hit 2010 comic book film.

He went on: "I meant to say my apologies to others involved with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."

Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall, directed by Jeff Wadlow, is due to be released in August.

Press Association

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment