independent

Friday 25 April 2014

Burton's doubts over Beetlejuice 2

Tim Burton is having second thoughts about making a sequel to Beetlejuice

Tim Burton has revealed he is "conflicted" over the Beetlejuice sequel.

The Oscar-nominated filmmaker previously revealed he was considering a follow-up to the 1988 horror comedy, which starred Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder and Alec Baldwin, but has now admitted he is having doubts.

"Those were fun characters, but I'd have to see what the script was like and if it was worth doing - I can't just make it because it's one of the worst ten movies of the year!" he told Vulture.

"The first two films I did, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and Beetlejuice, made the ten-worst-movies-of-the-year lists. Then, years later, people said they were my best movies. What? So if those were my best, I'm in real trouble."

Tim, whose new film Frankenweenie is up for best animated film at the Oscars, continued: "The point is, even if I wanted to analyse it, I'm not going to make everyone happy. I've had conflicting information from the beginning."

The 54-year-old, whose long-term partner is Helena Bonham Carter, explained he doesn't make a conscious decision to reunite with certain collaborators such as Helena and Johnny Depp.

"I'm in a no-win situation. Some say I use him too often, and then others say, 'How come he's not in this one?' Whatever," he said.

"I don't decide to make a film because of the actors first, even though there are a lot of people I love. I don't think I've ever gone, 'Oh, I want to work with that person', and then specifically found a part for that person, just to work with them."

Press Association

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News