Andy Serkis confident over Hobbit
Andy Serkis is confident The Hobbit filming issues will be resolved and production will go ahead in New Zealand.
The Burke And Hare star is looking forward to reprising his role as Gollum in the Lord Of The Rings prequel, although plans to make the £316 million, two-film project in New Zealand fell into disarray last week.
Andy said: "The Hobbit is obviously going to happen at some point and I will go and join what is going to be an amazing wonderful film when the time comes."
He added he was excited about Peter Jackson returning as director and The Office star Martin Freeman signing up as hobbit Bilbo Baggins.
Andy said: "I'm really delighted that [Peter's] going to be doing it and I'm so looking forward to working with Martin, it'll be terrific."
Meanwhile, studios backing The Hobbit want New Zealand to give them more tax breaks and to change labour laws if they are to go ahead with the 500 million dollars project in the country, the prime minister said.
Prime Minister John Key held crisis talks with senior executives from Warner Bros and New Line Cinema about keeping the project in New Zealand, after a dispute about pay and conditions for local actors threw the production into turmoil.
New Zealand Actors' Equity called off an international boycott of The Hobbit last week, but director Peter Jackson said the studios were not confident there won't be more trouble during the production and were considering moving it elsewhere. The studio executives flew to the capital, Wellington, for meetings before making a final decision.
Hundreds of people marched in several cities on Monday to support the movies being made in the country.