independent

Saturday 19 April 2014

Abrams 'not quitting Star Wars'

JJ Abrams is not leaving his Star Wars role, Disney has insisted

JJ Abrams is not dropping out of the upcoming Star Wars movie, LucasFilm and Disney have insisted.

The filmmaker is due to take the reins on the eagerly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII but there have recently been rumours that he is thinking about leaving the project.

However, a Disney spokesman told Variety: "There is no truth to the rumour.

"JJ is having a great time working on the script and is looking forward to going into production next year."

The director is due to start work on the movie in early 2014 and it is due to be released in 2015.

Plot and casting details are not known although there have previously been reports that the franchise's original stars - Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill - could be returning.

The trio are all said to have been in negotiations about roles in the film, and in March, Star Wars creator George Lucas - who sold his company Lucasfilm to Disney in a £2.5 billion deal last year - let slip to Business Week that the original cast members were on board.

There have also been rumours that Episode VII would focus on Han Solo and Princess Leia's twin children, Jaina and Jacen.

Press Association

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News