Global GameCraft announces Irish game jam dates
Global GameCraft has released a schedule of upcoming game jam events, with a number of Irish events listed.
GameCraft primarily run game jams, events where game designers, artists and developers create a game in a limited time. Following a set theme, the games can be created on any platform and take any form, even paper based. Though each game jam features a twist, the basics are always the same: a burst of creativity and a frantic sprint to create the best game possible.
Global GameCraft began in 2012, when game developer Andrea Magnorsky and coder Vicky Lee decided to host an event for the growing Irish game development community. Thanks to the assistance of the Dublin Institute of Technology and lecturer Bryan Duggan, the first event took place in February 2012. Since then the organisation has made the transition to Global GameCraft and not only run events across Ireland, but also as far afield as New York and London.
The 17th of May sees a return to the Dublin Institute of Technology to mark the 2nd anniversary of Global GameCraft with a 24-hour game jam.
The full list is below:
- Galway Gamecraft (Insight@NUIG) – Sat 10th May – 12 hour event!! First time in Galway!!
- GameCraft 2nd Year Anniversary (DIT) – Sat 17th May - 3 events in one including a 24 hour jam
- London GameCraft (Skills Matter) – Sat 7th June – Returning to awesome London – Registration open
- Berlin or Barcelona GameCraft – Summer (not confirmed more details as we get them )
- Belfast GameCraft – TBC probably September
- New York GameCraft (Skills Matter) – 4th of October at NYC Game Center.
- UnPlugged GameCraft at Gaelcon (Ballsbridge, Dublin) – End of October (not confirmed)
- London GameCraft (Skills Matter) – 29th November
- Cork GameCraft (St. John’s College) – November (TBC)
- Dublin GameCraft party edition – 6th December (TBC)
Further details can be found at Global GameCraft.com