The Ultimate Pride Weekend Guide – what’s on where and when
Momentum has been building all week for Dublin LGBTQ Pride 2017 and there's a whole day of delights awaiting you from breakfast and brunch to the Parade itself, and the myriad after parties...
Ease in to the celebrations nicely with breakfast and brunch on Saturday:
- TENI Pride Breakfast at The Church Cafe, Mary Street, Dublin 1
- Pride Day Brunch with Viva, 27 Richmond Street South, Portobello
- BeLonG To and Youth Work Ireland Pride Breakfast, The Buttery Restaurant, Trinity College, Dublin
Followed by all things Parade...
- Dublin Pride Pre-Parade Rally, St Stephen's Green South
Get in the mood or the biggest parade ever with guest speakers and artists before setting off for Smithfield Square.
- Bears on Parade, Dublin Bear Pride, St Stephen's Green South
- Dublin Pride Parade kicks off from Stephen's Green to Smithfield Square.
For those who don't fancy the parade, there are alternatives...
- Pantibar Pride Block Party, Capel Street
If you're not up for the parade itself, you can enjoy performances and music from the bar's coterie of drag queens til late.
- Party in the Square - Official Dublin Pride After Party at Smithfield Square
There will be a celebration of all things LGBTQ on one stage at Smithfield Square as the parade reaches its end point.
- GOLD Post-Parade Tea Party, Outhouse Capel Street, Dublin 1
An alcohol-free event run in association with GOLD, the peer support group for gay men aged 55+.
- Pride Saturday at The George, Georges Street, Dublin 2
Ramp up the celebrations with DJs, and pop bars out the bar.
- Mother Pride Block Party, Tivoli, Francis Street
Mother is bringing a Pride Block Party to the Tivoli Theatre with live sets from Loreen, Daithi and Faune.
There will also be DJ sets from Panti Bliss and Mother DJs as well as performances from Veda & Her Witches at the event on Saturday June 24.
Enjoy the sets from a massive main stage with indoor and outdoor bars, a selection of food stalls, and bespoke interactive installations.
Loreen, whose Eurovision smash hit Euphoria charted at number 1 in 17 countries, will take to the stage at 9pm.
- Odessa All Day Pride Social, 13 Dame Court, Dublin
- Pride at Street66, Parliament Street, Dublin 2
Resident DJ Pixie Woo, Gerry Moore and guests will play all day as well as a live Morrissey Tribue.
- WE PARTY Olympic Gaymes - Euphoria, Button Factory, Temple Bar
Coming from Madrid, Spain, WE PARTY is one of the biggest circuit parties in the world. Expect an eight and a half hour marathon of entertainment including dancers and DJ Binomio.
- Running Amach Pride Day Party
Annual party for LGBTQ women. Dancing and celebrating in the private members bar.
- George not Michael - Dublin Bear Pride, Oscars Bar, Christchurch
- Qween Pride Party at The Palace, Camden Street
The annual Pride ball with DJs.
- Spinster Super Pride Party, Bad Bob's, Sycamore Street
Superhero themed and €1 from every ticket sold will go to TENI.
- Street66 - Dublin Bear Pride, Parliament Street, Dublin 2
DJ Gerry Moore will be on hand with the tunes.
On Sunday things are little less hectic!
If you can drag your hangover out...
- Hangover Acoustic Sessions, Street66, Parliament Street, Dublin 2
- Pride Bingo with Shirley Temple Bar, The George
The Pride iteration of one of Dublin's best weekly LGBT nights will ease your sore head.
For more information check out dublinpride.ie
Independent.ie has changed its social media icons to mark Pride weekend