Entertainment

Thursday 31 July 2014

DJ Nick Grimshaw taken to hospital after swallowing glass live on radio

Jenn Selby

Published 03/03/2014|20:23

  • Share
Nick Grimshaw
Nick Grimshaw

Nick Grimshaw was rushed to hospital during his BBC Radio 1 Breakfast Show this morning after he swallowed glass.

  • Share
  • Go To

The DJ was forced to seek medical attention after he consumed a bit of material from a mug he was drinking from.

According to a Radio 1 spokesperson, the glass is thought to have come from a dishwasher, though the exact cause of the incident is still unknown.

Fearne Cotton was forced to step in while Grimshaw was sent for an emergency X-ray.

"He's going to be absolutely fine. He's just gone to hospital to have a little check," she reassured worried listeners.

Grimshaw has since tweeted the following: "Went to hospy, had X-rays, coughed it up, all fine now. I can eat glass in a circus now if all else fails."

"Thanks to @Fearnecotton for standing in," he added.

"Nick has been given the all clear following a precautionary visit to hospital after swallowing a shard of glass in his coffee during his show," a Radio One representative added.

Read More

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment