Mean Girls Day: Celebrate October 3 with these valuable life lessons
Published 03/10/2015 | 18:00
Today is (unofficially) Mean Girls Day. The reason? In a short scene from the iconic 2004 teen movie, class dreamboat Aaron (Jonathan Saunders) asked Lindsay Lohan's character Cady what day it was. She replied, 'It's October 3.'
Since then, the day has become known as Mean Girls Day in the social media universe and to celebrate, we're sharing the most valuable life lessons the movie has taught us.
1. You can't always get what you want... and that's okay.
2. Some things are better left unsaid... a little mystery can be a good thing.
3. Life isn't divided into good and bad creatures. There are good. There are bad. There are all those people in between and then there are cats.
4. Everyone is secretly out to get you because they're jealous of you. Everyone. Even your cat.
5. People will fall in love with you approximately 47 times a day but it's not your problem.
6. It's okay to brag about your gifts.
7. Be who you are, not who society wants you to be.
8. There's always someone out there who's better than you but whatever, they don't have your gifts.
9. Finally, never be afraid to speak the truth.