Instagram star denies 'faking' travel pictures after fans claim she doctored images
An Instagram star has denied "faking" travel pictures after her followers claimed that she doctored images.
Beauty and fashion blogger Amelia Liana, who boasts an impressive fan base of 452k followers on Instagram, faced allegations that she had edited herself into photos taken in famous locations around the world.
Eagle-eyed fans highlighted how the Freedom Tower is missing from the skyline in a shot of her posing at the top of the Rockerfeller Center in New York in May.
A second photo showing Amelia walking outside the Taj Mahal was also criticised for its lack of tourists, the missing scaffolding at the side of the landmark and the abrupt stop to her shadow.
Another image of the social influencer sitting in front of the Eiffel Tower was questioned for its highly visible stars in the night sky.
Following a social media storm surrounding her images, Amelia published her 'image principles' on her website on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old Londoner listed her principles as follows, denying that she was not actually present in photos she had taken:
"1. I aim to produce unique and visually inspiring images.
2. All my imagery is actually shot at the time in the location I specify.
3. I strive as far as possible to present images that have been shot using natural light and in real conditions.
4. Instagram is now a very established platform that I have been using for over three years. During this time the developments for photographers, artists, influencers and all social media users have become very exciting, and I’m always striving to find new techniques to make my imagery progressive and aesthetically pleasing representations of an authentic scene.
I like to develop my skills and may use all available techniques to enhance, sharpen or smarten my images. This may include improving the light, tidying the background and other enrichments, but always in a way that is representative to the true setting and always in a way that reflects my aesthetic.
5. I never use editing techniques to alter my body or my face - what you see is how I am...
6. I always declare any sponsored advertisements and I’m always mindful of the brand partners I choose to work with."