How You Know You're In An Irish Taxi
As Irish Taxi Drivers are voted 15th friendliest in the world, we take a look at how exactly you know that you are in an Irish Taxi.
1. They seem like the 15th friendliest taxi drivers in the world
2. There are little Irish flags everywhere - from the wing-mirrors to little badges on the sun visors.
3. There's a medal of 'Our Lady' stuck with bluetack on the dashboard
4. They don't stop talking the whole trip.
5. You end up in a conversation about 'Deregulation' and how there is 'too many taxis', and you're pretty sure you didn't start it.
6. You're asked "Have you downloaded the Halo app yet? It's great"
7. The car smells of either cigarettes, 'New Car Smell' or a really overpowering Vanilla. "That's.... lovely"
8. You find yourself asking "Are you busy?"
9. You're asked, Irish Mammy style, "Something on?" when you get into a taxi dressed up.
10. You find yourself in a discussion about how "terrible" the traffic is... which is eventually linked back to earlier discussions on deregulations and how there is "too many taxis on the road".