Harry Styles the most tweeted-about member of One Direction with over 700m tweets sent about the band in 2015
Over 700m tweets have been sent about One Direction in 2015 alone.
Fans all over the world are devastated as arguably the most tweeted-about band of all time heads for their final gig together tomorrow night.
The band are due to go on 'hiatus' indefinitely following the Halloween night concert.
There was no place where One Direction's popularity was more obvious than Twitter. In 2015 alone, there were more than 700m tweets sent about the now four-piece.
Harry Styles was the most tweeted-about member of the band, beating Zayne Malik (who left the band in March this year) by a whopping 40m tweets with 120m to Malik's 80m.
Irish band member Niall Horan was the second most tweeted-about member, boating 85m tweets.
Zayne's departure from the band did scoop the number one spot in the list of One Direction moments that sparked the largest conversation spikes on Twitter, drumming up 18.7m tweets following his announcement.
The band announcing they would be taking a hiatus was the second most tweeted-about event, with 15.5m tweets sent.
Most-Tweeted about members of the band (as a five-piece)
1) Harry Styles (@Harry_Styles) - 120m
2) Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) - 85m
3) Zayn Malik (@zaynmalik) - 80m
4) Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) - 73m
5) Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) - 63m
One Direction moments that have generated the largest spikes in conversation on Twitter this year
1) March 25/26th - Zayn announces his exit from the band: 18.7m Tweets
2) August 24/25th - One Direction announce the news of their hiatus: 15.5m Tweets
3) July 31st/Aug1 - Drag Me Down, the first release as a foursome, is released: 13.1m Tweets
4) July 29th - Zayn signs solo deal: 10.5m Tweets
5) April 5th - Right after Zayn leaves One Direction. The band returns home and gives their first interview as a four: 10.1m Tweets
*All data January 1-October 27, 2015
Information from a representative of Twitter.com.