10 things only left-handers will understand
It’s estimated that only 10-15% of the world’s population is left-handed, but that minority includes many famous faces, such as Barack Obama, Prince William and Oprah Winfrey.
In fact, four out of the seven most recent US presidents have been left-handed.
Despite being associated for centuries with bad luck, being left-handed has its perks.
Lefties are said to be better multi-taskers, have a higher IQ score and be smarter in math.
To mark International Left Handers Day, here's 10 things only a leftie can relate to.
1. Constantly having a stain on the side of your hand.
2. Never being able to write a nice card.
3. Being judged for how you hold your pen.
Going to celebrate #lefthandersday by getting my left-hand stuck in a pair of scissors— Jane Merrick (@janemerrick23) August 13, 2016
4. Being asked, "Is anyone in your family left handed?"
5. Being told, "Try write with your right hand!"
6. Watching people respond in shock when they see you're left handed.
7. The struggle of living in a world where everything is made for right-handers.
9. "My cousin's boyfriend's sister is left handed!"
10. Wishing you could go to Ned Flander's Leftorium.
How come right handers have 364 days and we have only #lefthandersday I reject this tokenism. And what about the ambidextrous!— Tony Robinson (@RobinsonTr46) August 13, 2016