Think your WhatsApp best friends' group is unique? Read this and think again
Published 30/10/2015 | 14:42
You may think your WhatsApp group is the cleverest, funniest and slickest collection of friends on the planet.
And maybe they are.
Even so, every member of a WhatsApp group will be more than a little familiar with the following:
1. The group is neatly divided into those who make the plans, and those support the making of the plans but can't commit to the plans.
2. Sometimes, after what seems like 1,743 messages back and forth, nobody is any clearer as to what the plan is.
3. You're simply dying to share your witty/bit*hy joke with the group but nobody responds. For hours. By that time the joke is stale.
4. There's a long and complicated story, that no one outside your group cares about, that explains how your gang got its name.
5. It is not OK to invite someone to join the group chat without prior consent of all members. Not OK.
6. If you make a typo, you will get slagged for it.
7. Sometimes those typos take on a life of their own, and will be brought up again and again and again.
8. A dead battery or a lost signal can mean that the group have exchanged approximately 176 messages that you haven't read.
9. Catching up is a mammoth task and almost makes you consider leaving the group.
10. But you're aware that if you left you could never ever deal with the FOMO. Ever.