Millionaire central: Top ten cities with the richest residents
Published 24/07/2014 | 12:49
According to a recent global study, Dublin has the 13th highest percentage of millionaire residents in the world at 2.4pc. but what are the top ten?
10) Florence Just over 2.5pc of the population of Florence has assets worth more than $1m, according to a Wealth Insight study.
9) Amsterdam It may be better known for its red light district and legalised cannabis, but Amsterdam's lifestyle has attracted enough millionaires to account for 2.6pc of population.
8) Singapore The first and only Asian city in the top ten, 2.8pc of Singapore's population are in the millionaire club.
7) Oslo The first of a number of northern European cities listed in the top ten, Norway's capital boasts a population with 2.9pc millionaires.
6) London Some 3.39pc of this city's population are wealthy millionaires. The Big Ben capital was pipped to the top post by four European cities and New York.
5) Frankfurt Just making it into the top five with one millionaire for every 30 residents, Frankfurt hosts the European Central Bank and the German Federal Bank.
4) New York The financial capital of the US, New York is the only American to make the top ten list with one millionaire for every 20 inhabitants.
3) Geneva One in five inhabitants in this city is a millionaire - and sells the world's most expensive club sandwich at £19.46.
2) Zurich This other Swiss entry has a population made up of 27pc millionaires and is one of the most expensive holiday destinations in the world.
1) Monaco With a staggering one in three residents a member of the club, it's no real surprise that Monaco takes the top spot. Known for its Grand Prix and friendly taxes, the French Riviera has a long history as a hideaway for the rich and famous.