XCOM 2 hotfix improves performance and fix crashes
Published 18/02/2016 | 10:31
2K Games has released an XCOM 2 hotfix that should improve the game's performance and fix some issues that are causing crashes.
A hotfix has been released for XCOM 2 that fixes a few issues that can result in crashes and improves the game's performance.
2K announced the release of the hotfix on XCOM 2's Steam page. "This update will automatically install when starting the Steam client. If it doesn't automatically, restart Steam. This update fixes issues causing known crashes and includes some performance improvements. Saves affected by the crashes detailed below can be recovered and continued after installing the update," it wrote.
2K also said that it will continue to patch the game in the coming months.
Interestingly, XCOM 2 designer Jake Solomon has hinted that there may also be balance tweaks coming. In response to a fan query about balance updates for the mimic beacon and other elements, Solomon said, "Definitely on my plate."
XCOM 2 Patch Notes:
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.