VOOM 2016 giving entrepreneurs a chance to pitch to Richard Branson
VOOM 2016, a pitch competition open to small- and medium-sized entrepreneurs, is giving business owners the chance to pitch to Richard Branson.
Virgin Media Business today launched the VOOM 2016 pitch competition, which will give small- and medium-sized entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch to Richard Branson. At stake is a prize fund worth, estimated to be worth more than €1.2 million.
There are two categories that entrepreneurs can enter - Start-up, and Grow. The winner of each category will be announced on June 28th, but runners-up in each category will also get some assistance to help them pursue their business goals.
Virgin Group Founder, Richard Branson, invited entrepreneurs to take part. He said, "With all of the support and advice available throughout the competition – and the chance to raise some funds if you campaign hard enough – what have you got to lose?”
"Virgin Media Business’s ‘VOOM 2016’ provides the golden ticket to propel your business onto a global stage and fast-track your way to success," he added.
VOOM 2016 is open to entries from Ireland and the UK. You can find more information on the VOOM website.
The winner of each category will receive:
- A cash prize of €63,000 (£50,000) to help grow their business
- Mentoring from Virgin StartUp and from our VOOM Professionals recruited via LinkedIn
- A £250,000 marketing campaign, with advertising on JCDecaux’s Waterloo Motion (the biggest indoor screen in Europe)
- A Virgin Media Business broadband package, with speeds of up to 500Mbps in Ireland
- Financial advice from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
Two runners-up from each category will be rewarded with:
- A cash prize of €25,000 (£20,000)
- A Virgin Media Business broadband package
- Financial advice
- Brand support