Friday 28 October 2016

Dublin Fire Brigade issues warning about charging phones

Mark O'Beirne

Published 11/04/2016 | 11:47

The tweet issued by Dublin Fire Brigade
The tweet issued by Dublin Fire Brigade
Dublin Fire Brigade

The Dublin Fire Brigade has warned people not to have smartphones covered while charging, as that could result in a fire.

  • Go To

The Dublin Fire Brigade tweeted images from the scenes of a fire, which started because a phone was left charging in a handbag.

“It is important that mobile phones are not covered whilst charging, and the heat allowed to dissipate,” the Dublin Fire Brigade wrote.

This isn’t the first time that the service has issued warnings about charging phones. It also warned against placing phones under pillows while they are charging. While you may want to use your phone to track your sleep cycle, the heat produced while charging needs somewhere to go.

— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) April 10, 2016

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Business