Are you a virtual addict?
Published 19/04/2010 | 05:00
If you identify with any of the following five scenarios, it could be time to log off and look for help, says addiction expert Colin O'Driscoll of Forest Rehabilitation Centre.
- "I can't stop using the internet for a defined period despite my best attempts"
- "I have feelings of guilt or shame after being online"
- "I use the internet to quell feelings of despair, pain or anxiety -- but often end up feeling worse"
- "I suffer mood swings because of my internet use"
- "I keep my internet use a secret from family and friends"