Holos Skincare from Nature: A holistic business with flair for social media
Holos Skincare from Nature was launched in January of 2014 by its owner Niamh Hogan, a Natural Health Therapist who has practiced Massage, Reflexology, Aromatherapy and other natural therapies for the past 11 years.
Niamh began working on Holos Skincare in October 2012. She wanted to create natural skincare that she felt happy to use on herself and her family.
Holos Skincare from Nature manufactures skincare products that are handmade with pure essential oils. They are natural and holistic, ethically produced and ever mindful of the environment.
Products are handmade in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford. Holos supplies health stores, srafts centres, pharmacies and the beauty industry, and aims to be in at least 50 stores before the end of the year. They are half way there already with stockists in Wexford, Carlow, Waterford, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Cork, Kerry, Offaly, Wicklow and Dublin.
Top tips for those in health or beauty product manufacture:
1. Get to know the legislation surrounding your product. It isn’t just a matter of launching a product. It needs to be tested and proved to be safe for use. Doing this saves sticky situations when health and safety authorities will eventually call on you.
2. Be sure to create a product that you would, and do use yourself. As a small business owner, you most likely will be out selling your product yourself. You will be asked if you use it and you should be proof of the benefits of your product. In my case, I get complimented on how good my skin looks.
3. Never be afraid to ask for help. There are always people out there who know more than you about some aspects of your business. This can be anything from doing a cash flow projection to PR and marketing. Not knowing how to do everything yourself doesn’t make you a failure. Let me let you in on a little secret - most of us entrepreneurs learn as we go along.
4. Have a strong business network and use it. Use it both by helping, and being helped by others in your network. In my case I have met bloggers and journalists who have tried my products, love them and so blogged or written articles about them. I help by giving business and promoting others in my business network.
5. Establish a great online presence connecting both with other businesses and your customers. Other people in business can become customers and will promote you so find a good online place to do that. I find Twitter works best for business to business. For connection with my customers, I find Facebook the preferred network. Your customers like to know a bit about the person behind the brand.
Contact Holos Skincare from Nature on Twitter: @Niamhhogan