From Midwifery to hypnotherapy: the SME that promises effective results
Published 27/02/2014 | 10:58
THE latest winner of the @irishbizparty/@indobusiness Twitter award is Helena Tubridy with her Mindfulness and Hypnotherapy practice, helping couples to boost their natural fertility and double IVF conception.
A background in midwifery led Helena to specialise in Fertility Therapy and Mindfulness.
Her business mantra is 'effective change for life'.
Helena's tips for running a successful practice are:
1. Update: When you are providing a validated therapy you need to hone your skills and broaden your experience. Continuous professional development keeps you at the forefront of your profession, fresh and focused. You meet therapists from around the world, keep abreast of latest research and share your clinical skills.
2. Simplify: Keep your client’s needs in mind. Limit unnecessary extravagance and minimize the bells and whistles in your therapy zone. Concentrate on what you actually need to deliver high-quality care. Ensure that major outlays like premises rental are justified.
3. Give Back: Share your knowledge and experience freely through pro bono sessions, helping online support forums or by providing a free ebook. Mentoring younger colleagues is mutually beneficial. Therapy is vocational and giving enriches your life.
4. Flexibility: Be prepared to offer appointments outside of normal office hours to facilitate your clients work schedules. By working evenings and Saturdays you get to enjoy the pleasures off-peak leisure time.
5. Blog: This is a great way to share information and start a conversation. You get to discuss a variety of topics related to your speciality and your other areas of expertise, too. You can check out mine at www.helenatubridy.com
@indobusiness supporting SMEs around the country.