Town hit by branch closures fills void with local community bank
A small rural town that lost two bank branches has rallied together to fill the gap by creating its own hybrid community bank.
- The 60-second guide to... public banking for rural communities
- How rural dwellers can keep their money safe - and beat local bank branch closures
- Rural towns to suffer worst of Ulster Bank closures as it prepares to lay off 220 staff
- Price of stamps increases as An Post chief warns 'significant number' of post offices to close
- Charlie Weston: This latest body blow will leave towns with little but tumbleweed