A third of students rely on parents or loans to cover the cost of rent, says USI
More than a third of students have no income to cover their rent, which can cost up to €500 a month.
- From undercover house-hunting to 'Rent Books' - here's how Ireland's Students' Unions are battling the accommodation crisis
- 23,000 students left without a place to stay as year begins
- Students squeezed as rents rise and 12-month leases demanded
- 'It's a mad dash and so stressful finding a place - I'd be petrified if I left for the summer'
- Student accommodation crisis: 'I spent last year of college course couch-surfing'