Key factors to consider when leaving country
Published 23/03/2010 | 05:00
If you are leaving the country, you should consider the following:
- Timing is important -- get the most from your tax allowances and reliefs.
- Notify Revenue you are leaving to ensure you receive any refunds due.
- If you rent your home, you will lose your mortgage interest relief.
- Rental income from an Irish property stays in the Irish tax net even after you leave.
- If you are selling your home, check if you'll have capital gains tax to pay.
- Good professional advice will save you money.