Drive down car insurance
HERE'S how to reduce your car insurance premiums, compiled by Bob Quinn of myrecession.ie.
- Buy your policy online. Many insurers apply discounts for those who buy this way.
- Insuring your spouse/partner on your car may reduce the premium by up to 12.5pc.
- Security features, such as an alarm or an immobiliser, can reduce the premium.
- Discounts of up to 17.5pc are often available to Irish licence holders with no penalty points.
- A lower annual mileage can reduce the premium.
- Drivers of very low-value cars would be better to choose third-party fire and theft policies.
- If you think you may be entitled to further discounts, then be sure to request a call back from your insurer.