Paul O’Mahony: Five ways to monetise your blog
Published 18/11/2012 | 05:00
Using blogs is a very effective way to get your business up the rankings on Google and also ensures that your company is recognised as an expert in your field – provided that it is updated regularly with top quality posts.
While this is well and good, there are also many ways of making a bit of income on the side from your blog – and maybe that might encourage you to post more regularly!
Using the "gadget" function on blogger, here are five simple tips to monetise your blog.
- Place Amazon banners with your affiliate link to relevant books on your niche.
- Place banners for upcoming online or offline talks or events on your niche using your affiliate link.
- Use Google adverts on your blog to earn money from every click on those ads.
- Sign up for clickbank or clicksure to promote downloadable products relevant to your niche with banners.
- Use an opt-in box (email collection box) in your blog offering free gifts in return for an email address.
The good news is that all of the above can be put in place together and work simultaneously. The most effective of course is number five – building a targeted list to find clients and follow up with business offers or promotions.
Sunday Indo Business