Monday 27 March 2017

Eamonn Doran's MD handed five-year ban

Ailish O'Hora Public Affairs Correspondent

A businessman behind what was once one of Dublin's busiest bar and music venues has been banned from acting as a company director for five years, the Irish Independent has learned.

Dermot Doran, managing director of Eamonn Doran's Ltd, Temple Bar, received an outright five-year disqualification to act as a company director after the High Court found he had hindered the work of a liquidator appointed to investigate the firm's financial affairs.

The company went into liquidation owing just under €1m in 2009 but the case taken against the directors by the liquidator -- Myles Kirby of Ferris & Associates -- was heard last month.

Mr Kirby, who would not comment on the case yesterday, made a number of allegations against Mr Doran, including an accusation that he had destroyed the accounts and records of the company after it had vacated the premises in Temple Bar. He also said the directors continued to trade using money owed to the Revenue Commissioners even though the firm had said it was insolvent and they had refused him information on its financial affairs.

Mr Doran consented to the disqualification order and agreed to pay an undisclosed sum of money.

Eamonn Doran Ltd went into liquidation at the end of 2009 owing €917,000, including €602,000 in unpaid debts.

Mr Doran did not wish to comment yesterday.

Irish Independent

Promoted articles

Also in Business