• There are one billion mobile internet users in the world.
• Globally, there are five billion smartphones currently in use.
• By the end of 2010, smartphone sales overtook PC sales.
• Google predicts that mobile internet will overtake desktop in 2013.
• In one week, 81pc of smartphone users browse the internet, 77pc use a search engine, 48pc watch a video and 63pc access a social network.
• 39pc use smartphones in the bathroom, 33pc while watching TV and 22pc while reading a newspaper.
• 79pc use a smartphone to help with shopping.
• 95pc of those look for local information and 88pc take action the same day by calling the business or visiting its website.