O'Brien warns of slurry gas dangers after lucky escape
Rugby star Sean O'Brien has talked about a lucky escape he had from deadly slurry gas on his farm recently.
The dangerous incident occurred on his family farm after he accidentally inhaled fumes while scraping out a slurry tank.
"Last year I was doing some agitating on slurry," he said.
"After the agitation I left it for an hour or so. I had to scrape up and clean around the tank."
Travelling back to Dublin O'Brien suffered cramps in his arms and a bad pain in his head.
"The doctor said I probably got a whiff of gas and it made me very aware of the precautions around slurry and agitating and making sure guards and covers are well in place."
O'Brien made the comments in an educational film by Roscommon CBS transition year students.