Laois farmer and turf supplier hit with €80,000 tax bill
Revenue's tax defaulters' list includes a number of farmers, including one Laois farmer and turf cutter who handed a bill of €80,000.
In total Revenue today named 252 cases with fines of €566,778 from court imposed fines including is the total of court fines imposed.
This includes 143 cases of failure to file a tax return, failure to remit tax, failure to maintain books and records, or delivery of an incorrect return.
Settlements are published when the extensive voluntary disclosure options are not availed of and the default arises as a result of careless or deliberate behaviour and 86 cases are published today €14.40m is the total settlement amount in these cases.
Farmers who were named as failing to lodge income tax returns and their fines:
- Jack Driscoll, Coolcrean, Lauragh, Killarney, Kerry €5,000
- Michael Flynn, Skycur, Laurencetown, Ballinasloe, Galway €1,250
- Michael Gleeson, Buffanoka, Cappamore, Limerick €1,250
- Gerard Healy, Monksfield, Craughwell, Galway €1250
- Thomas Malone, Burnhm East, Dingle, Kerry €6,250
- Kieran Mangan, Meenla, Castleisland, Kerry €3,750
- Billy McElligott, Coolclarig, Listowel, Kerry €10,500
- William McGrath, Kiltown, The Rower, Kilkenny €7,500
- Michael O’Connor, Knockinane West, Kilcummin, Kilarney, Kerry €10,750
- Daniel O’Loughlin, Clashganniv, Castleisland, Kerry €1,250
- Thomas Power, Shangarry, Ballingarry, Tipperary €2,500
- Patrick Ryan, Cloone, Loughmore, Templemore, Tipperary €4,500
- Daniel John Walsh, Ballinloughaigh, Ballydavid, Dingle, Kerry €2,500
A farmer from Kildare, PJ David, Kilbury, Athy, made a settlement for €40,100 for under declaration of VAT.
Turf supplier and farmer, Brendan Scully Jnr, of Coolagh, Clonaslee, Laois made a payment of €81,939 for under declaring income tax.