* Free GP care for under 5s - first roll out step of the Government's Universal Healthcare strategy. Happily, no cut to children's allowance.
* No increases to direct taxation, USC, VAT and the reduced VAT rate for the hospitality (and hairdressing!) sector to stay at 9pc.
* Old reliables up for cigarettes and drink, but thankfully not fuel or home heating oil.
* A review of medical cards to garner €113 million. This may focus initially on fraud, but will have to extend to cuts or limits elsewhere.
* Renovation Relief will be a welcome boost for growing families in small houses/apartments who are in negative equity or can't move. They will get VAT back over two years on renovations costing €5-30k.