13 killed by 'toxic cough syrup'
Published 26/11/2012 | 10:20
Thirteen people have died after drinking cough syrup suspected of being toxic, police in Pakistan have said.
Police officer Multan Khan said the dead were all drug addicts who apparently drank the cough syrup in an attempt to get high. They died at various hospitals in the eastern city of Lahore over the past three days.
Mr Khan said five other addicts who drank the cough syrup were also being treated.
Police have sent a sample of the cough syrup to a lab to determine whether it was toxic.
Press AssociationFollow @Independent_ie