independent

Thursday 17 April 2014

Struggling Toon the priority for Ba

Speculation continues to mount that Demba Ba will leave Newcastle in January

Demba Ba has insisted he is concentrating only on helping to drag Newcastle out of trouble as speculation over his future reaches fever pitch.

The 27-year-old striker is being linked with new clubs almost by the day with the release-clause in his contract due to become active once again when the winter transfer window opens next week.

However, while French giants Paris St Germain and Arsenal have been touted as possible destinations, Ba is remaining relaxed, and told RMC Sport: "For the moment, I am concentrating on what I have to do with my team - getting Newcastle out of the mess we are in."

The Senegal international, who is originally from the Paris suburb of Sevres, also said: "I watch PSG as a fan, a supporter. I have never hidden my attraction to the club and have been a supporter since I was little.

"Now, they are doing important things, big projects for the future, and of course it would please me to play in the colours of a team I support."

Ba's goals - he has 11 to his name this term to add to the 16 he claimed last season - have once again been hugely important for Newcastle and manager Alan Pardew is desperate to retain his services.

However, the efforts to negotiate out the escape-clause have so far come to nothing and the Magpies are having to make contingency plans with Marseille's Loic Remy one of the men on their wish-list.

Press Association

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News