Friday 30 January 2015

Burned toddler's clothes on fire

Published 16/11/2012 | 16:08

A toddler who was found with his clothes on fire has been taken to hospital by ambulance

A toddler has been taken to hospital with severe burns after being found with his clothes on fire.

The boy, believed to be aged between two and three years old, was found in the Larne Road area of Ballymena, Co Antrim, at around 2.30pm.

John McPoland, a spokesman for the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service, said the boy had been taken to Antrim Area Hospital for treatment.

Mr McPoland said: "We got the call at about 2.30pm of an infant running about with his clothes on fire. An ambulance crew were there within five minutes and with the assistance of the PSNI have taken the boy to hospital for treatment to severe burns."

In a statement the PSNI said they were investigating the circumstances of the fire.

A spokesman urged any witnesses to come forward.

He added: "A young boy has sustained serious injuries and has been conveyed to hospital for treatment.

"Police are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area around this time who may be able to assist us with our inquiries.

"There are no further details at this time."

Press Association

Promoted articles

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in this section