'People now feel they can talk about rape' - Ireland's national helpline reports huge rise in first-time callers
More than 30 people a day contact Ireland's national rape helpline, latest figures show.
- Half of LGBT survivors of sexual violence wait over 10 years to report the crime - report
- Survey reveals startling rate of unprotected intercourse among 'men who have sex with men'
- Sex assaults and homicides on the rise, but drop in burglaries - CSO
- One third of sex assault victims had been drinking
- Gay man drops challenge to blood donation ban after change in policy announced by Health Minister