From Love/Hate and the Rose of Tralee to foxes and elephants, Irish YouTube viewers chose “What does the Fox Say” by Norwegian comedy duo Ylvis to top the list of most watched YouTube videos in 2013.
The video, which has 265m viewers globally, was initially produced to promote the third season of the duo’s talk show but it became such a hit that the song made it to number six on the US Billboard Hot 100.
It was followed in second place by Irish contribution – Cork’s Smirky Shorts with ‘Elephant’ – a video of an elephant who thinks he’s a fish.
The Rose of Tralee wedding proposal also made the top ten while other Irish contributions came from the Irish lad in Canada wishing his mother Happy Birthday ‘Nidge’ style.
Dublin taxi drivers also featured while Ron Burgandy’s take on Love/Hate’s series finale also made the top ten.
Viewers were also watching how animals eat their food in 2013 – over 3m people globally subscribed to MisterEpicMann’s YouTube channel hungry for more.
Here is a list of the top 10 videos:
1. Ylvis – The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)
2. Sminky Shorts: Elephant
3. Republic of Telly – You Know You’re Irish When…
4. How Animals Eat Their Food
5. My Wedding Speech – McFly’s Tom Fletcher
6. Irish lad in Canada wishes his ma a happy birthday Nidge style
7. Ron Burgundy on Love/Hate series finale in Ireland
8. Class Dublin Taxi Driver
9. Attraction perform their stunning shadow act - Week 1 Auditions | Britain's Got Talent 2013
10 New Orleans Proposal - Rose of Tralee 2013